Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Place that Means a lot to me

             This place was where I went to middle school and high school. The pictures bring back many pleasant memories. I remember the classes I was in were tough; every other night, I got to stay up till midnight in order to finish my homework on time. Other than dealing with busy school works, I also allotted time for school band’s practices. We had competitions, and performances quite often, sometime we practiced five days a week after school, and most competitions and performances were at the weekends.  There is no doubt that I spent a lot of time in school, maybe 11 hours a day, which was crazy. At a point, I actually did see my friends more often than my families. Fortunately, I received good grade in school, and the band got lots of commendations as well. It’s hard to believe how I accomplished all that. I think the biggest reason that made me enjoy my busy days was because my supportive friends. I have friends that are willing to stay up late with me discussing homework and sharing with me in distress. I have friends that will go hangout with me after a long day of school and band practices. Now that we won’t see each other every day anymore as we all separated in different colleges and locations. However, I’m glad that our friendship didn't started and ended at the same place, it feels good to have supportive friends. Indeed, I do miss the good old days.

2 comments:

  1. These are great photos, and I am quite curious to the similarities and differences between your schooling as a child and what we have here in the US/Maine, and what you think about the way in which both countries educate their children/teens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most distinct difference between both countries is the way how students learn.

    In the U.S, students learn by their willingness, they have the choice to work hard or slack off. It will be a different story in H.K, students don’t have the freedom to choose. Even they are not willing to learn, they get push by the teachers. The teachers will try all the possibilities to make their students to work harder.

    ReplyDelete