Saturday, October 15, 2011

Balloon Twisting Lesson



I’m going to teach you balloon twisting!
For beginner, I think it is easier to start with a balloon dog.

Things you need:
              Twisty balloons & a Hand Pump

  1. Inflate a balloon about 3 inches from the end, then tie a knot.
  2. To create the head, twist the balloon in a circular motion at about 2 inches from the knot.
  3. To form the ears, fold balloon (about 3 inches) to create a loop and rotate the twist 2 or 3 times. Do this step twice.
  4. Then, for the neck, twist the balloon into a 2 inches bubble.
  5. For the front legs, folded (about  3 inches) and twist the balloon to create a loop
  6. Next the body, twist the balloon to make a 3 inches bubble.
  7. For the back legs, repeat step 5.
  8. Finally, whatever remained will be the tail.

The hardest thing for beginner is to hold all the parts together. While you are twisting the parts, the previous parts you made always tend to bounce back to the original shape. I think balloon twisting is not hard at all, as long as you learn where to place your fingers.

Be creative, you can find yourself making many new and exciting pieces.

5 comments:

  1. always been afraid to do this myself. Afraid the balloon would pop in my face.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I've always wanted to try this. I've printed your instructions. Maybe the next birthday party I go to, I'll try it.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lot of fun. I know I could have some fun with my son and daughter with this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super creative post! I love the idea, not to mention the pictures and the colors on your page! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest, I still get scared when the balloon pop. The fact is when you get more experiences, the balloon wouldn’t pop on you as often. ( If you are really scared, then just do not inflate too much air in the balloon.)

    I taught myself how to make animal balloon, it’s not as hard as it look. Just be creative and be willing to try different methods. Of course the first couple animals may look kind of wired, but don’t worry, you will get better. This is a fun way to bring joy to the others, especially to kids.

    Thanks for the comments guys!!

    ReplyDelete