Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Favorite Childhood Memory of Playing in the Snow


My favorite childhood memory of playing in the snow was making snow angle. I remember it was a windy afternoon, when I first learn how to make an angle on the snow. Right after my Mum showed me how it’s done, I did the same things just like my Mum did; I laid on the top of the snow, I swayed both my arms and legs. I was really excited, I stood up and looked at my angle, but my angel wasn’t there. I was disappointed and was wondering why my angel flew away.

The reason why my angel disappeared was because the snow was pretty hard and I was just a little kid, wasn’t heavy enough to press the snow down. I did figure that out later. Since I knew what the problem was, so I asked my brother for some extra help. I had him press my body down, also help me to sway my arms and legs to shape the angle. So the second time when I stood up and looked at the angel I just made, it did look a little bit different than I imaged. There were many foot prints around my angle, not exactly pretty but it is meaningful to me. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the image you put up with your post about playing in the snow. I used to enjoy making snow imprints as well. It was especially magical when it was snowing and the flakes fell into my mouth ~there is nothing else quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean!! I really did enjoy the moment while I was lying on the snow; I love to fell the snow flakes, and gaze at the marvelous sky.

    ReplyDelete